The entire April 15 deadline for individual tax returns has now been extended to July 15. If you owe, there is no penalty or interest as long as it is paid by July 15.
Therefore, there is no rush or panic to file by April 15.
SKP is keeping the health and safety of our staff in mind so we will continue to work regular business hours, however not tax season hours. Our goal is to get everyone’s returns done as timely as possible, although it will take longer to get your tax return back. Please be patient. We are concentrating on getting all tax returns completed on a first in, first out basis while putting an emphasis on those who always get refunds. We expect to have the tax returns for those who normally file by April 15 completed by mid-May.
- Please continue to email, upload, mail or drop off your tax data.
- As always, we will contact you to confirm we received your documents and we will contact you when we are ready to review, make suggestions and finalize everything.
- If we have already e-filed your return with an automatic payment date prior to April 15, 2020, we cannot change that date. Unfortunately, the payment will be processed accordingly.
- If you did not have an automatic debit set up and we gave you a voucher to be mailed in, that can now be paid by July 15.
- Pension contributions are extended to July 15.
- First quarter 2020 estimates are due July 15. (Be careful, the 2nd payment is still due June 15).
- We are disinfecting our office and all paperwork coming in and going out.
When there are detailed updates made available to us, we will share them with you as quickly as possible through email and our website. Please be patient. We maintain our commitment to get everyone’s returns done in a timely fashion.
Thank you and stay safe!